Spot Removal Steps By Chem-Dry by Dan Derby
1. Act Quickly! Most carpet on the market today has been treated with some sort of stain-resist treatment. This helps so that spills of everyday life can be removed, if immediate action is taken. The longer the cleaning delay, the higher the probability of that spill becoming a permanent stain. Remember, staining is influenced by many factors, and there is not a carpet out there that is completely stain proof.
2. Blot liquids with a dry, white, absorbent cloth or white paper toweling (no printing).
3. Do not scrub the area! Scrubbing could cause pile distortion in the affected area. Continue to use a dry cloth or paper towels until the area is completely dry. For semi-solids, gently scrape up with a rounded spoon. Solids should be broken up and vacuumed until completely removed. If the spot can be identified, locate the substance in the spot removal computer and follow the directions carefully.
4. Pretest any spot removal agent in an inconspicuous area to be certain the solution will not damage the fiber or the dye. After applying several drops to the testing area, hold a white cloth on the wet area for 10 seconds. Examine the carpet and cloth for color transfer, color change, or damage to the carpet. If a change occurs, another cleaning solution should be selected.
5. Apply a small amount of the selected cleaning solution to a white cloth and work in gently.
6. Work from the edges of the spill to the center to prevent the spill from spreading. Do not scrub! Blot to absorb as much of the stain as possible. Repeat if necessary.
7. Continue using the first cleaning solution as long as there is a transfer of the spill to the cloth. It is not necessary to use all of the cleaning solutions if the first solution removes the spill.
8. Be patient! Complete removal of the spill may require repeating the same step several times. Do not continue to step 9 until the stain has been completely removed.
9. Rinse the affected area thoroughly with cold water, and blot with a dry cloth until all of the solution has been removed. Some cleaning solutions will cause rapid soiling if the solution is not completely removed.
10. Apply a one-half inch layer of white paper towels to the affected area, and weigh down with a flat, heavy object. Continue to change paper towels as needed. A dry, absorbent, cleaning compound may be used as a substitute to accelerate drying time.
Arm your home with Chem-Dry World Famous® Spot Remover for Water-Based Spills and World Famous® Grease & Oil Remover for oil-based spots. Call us today at (817) 237-3467 to order with your next cleaning.
For more detailed information on a specific spill, please call Chem-Dry by Dan Derby at (817) 237-3467 to see if we can help. Many fiber manufacturers also provide a toll-free cleaning assistance and advice.
- Chem-Dry by Dan Derby Carpet Cleaning
- Basic Rug Care With Chem-Dry by Dan Derby
- Carpet Care Tips With Chem-Dry by Dan Derby
- Carpet Stain Protection With Chem-Dry by Dan Derby
- Chem-Dry by Dan Derby Offers Area & Oriental Rug Cleaning
- Commercial Carpet Cleaning by Chem-Dry by Dan Derby
- Filtration Soiling Issues? Call Chem-Dry by Dan Derby
- Green Certified Carpet Cleaning With Chem-Dry by Dan Derby
- Pet Odor Removal by Chem-Dry by Dan Derby
- Power of Carbonation With Chem-Dry by Dan Derby
- Specialty Stain Removal Service With Chem-Dry by Dan Derby
- Spot Removal Steps By Chem-Dry by Dan Derby
- Steam Carpet Cleaners vs. Chem-Dry by Dan Derby
- Urine Odor Removal Tips With Chem-Dry by Dan Derby
- Water Damage Restoration With Chem-Dry by Dan Derby
- Wool Carpet Care Tips By Chem-Dry by Dan Derby
$33 per Area3 areas cleaned up to 350 sq feet for $99Coupon Code, 399Expires: Stairs extra. Waste disposal chg. may apply. With Val-Pak coupon. Not valid w/ any other offer.Chem-Dry by Dan Derby