Spot Removal Steps in Colleyville
1. Act Quickly! If immediate action is taken once anything is dropped or spilled onto your carpets, most spills and stains can be successfully removed since many carpets today have been treated with a stain-resist treatment. The longer the delay, the higher the likelihood of a spill becoming a permanent stain on your valuable carpets. Remember that staining is generally influenced by several factors, and no carpet is completely stain proof.
2. Blot liquids with a white, dry, absorbent cloth or paper toweling with no printing.
3. Do not scrub the area! Scrubbing the affected spots may cause pile distortion to the carpet location. Continue to use paper towels or a dry cloth until the area is completely dry. For semi-solid spills, gently scrape up what you can with a rounded spoon. Solid spills should be broken up and vacuumed until completely removed. If the spot can be identified, locate the substance in the spot removal computer and follow the directions carefully.
4. Pretest any spot removal agent in an inconspicuous area to be certain the cleaning solution won’t damage the carpet fiber or the dye. After applying several drops to the testing area, hold down a dry, white cloth onto the wet area for several seconds. Examine both the cloth and the carpet for any color change, color transfer, or damage to your carpet. If a change does occur, then try a different cleaning solution.
5. Apply a small amount of the selected cleaning solution to a white cloth and gently work it in.
6. Work from the edges of the spill to the center to prevent the spill from spreading and worsening the area. Do not scrub the spill! Instead, blot to absorb as much of the stain as possible and repeat if necessary.
7. Continue using the first cleaning solution as long as there is a transfer of the spill to the cloth. It is not necessary to use all of the cleaning solutions if the first solution successfully removes the spill.
8. Be patient! Completely removing the spill may require repeating the same step several times. Do not continue to step 9 until the stain has been completely removed.
9. Rinse the affected area thoroughly with cold water, and blot dry with an absorbent cloth until all of the solution has been removed. Some cleaning solutions will cause rapid soiling if the solution is not completely removed.
10. Apply a one-half inch layer of white paper towels to the affected area, and weigh down with a flat, heavy object. Continue to change the paper towels as necessary. A dry, absorbent, cleaning compound may also be used as a substitute to accelerate drying time.
Arm your home with Chem-Dry World Famous® Spot Remover for Water-Based Spills and World Famous® Grease & Oil Remover for oil-based spots. Call Chem-Dry by Dan Derby in Colleyville, TX today at (817) 237-3467 to order with your next carpet cleaning appointment.
For more detailed information on a specific spill in your home, please call the professionals at Chem-Dry by Dan Derby in Colleyville, TX at (817) 237-3467 to see how we can help. Many fiber manufacturers also provide a toll-free cleaning assistance and advice hotline.
- Carpet Care Tips in Colleyville
- Basic Rug Care in Colleyville
- Filtration Soiling in Colleyville
- Spot Removal Steps in Colleyville
- Urine Odor Removal Tips in Colleyville
- Wool Carpet Care Tips in Colleyville
$33 per Area3 areas cleaned up to 350 sq feet for $99Coupon Code, 399Expires: Stairs extra. Waste disposal chg. may apply. With Val-Pak coupon. Not valid w/ any other offer.Chem-Dry by Dan Derby